Thursday, March 6, 2008

Too many decisions!

I'm not the kind of bride who dreamed about her wedding when she was a young girl. Instead I was out playing baseball with the boys, reading books, and building forts in the woods. Unfortunately, this is making the wedding planning that much harder now because I don't have a clear idea or "vision" about what I want. For example, we tackled choosing our wedding colors today. There are just too many colors and color combinations to choose from! We have already identified several color combos that we like, but how do we decide which is "the one"? I know I should consider the venue, the season, the flowers, the dresses, etc., but beyond that I don't know how I decide between option A or option B or option Z when they are all equally acceptable? Katie, my interior designer friend, any ideas?

We're also on the fence about how casual vs. formal we'd like for things to be. Remember, I'm a "beach-casual" bride, while K is a "romantic" bride. So, I'm leaning more toward having Rudy's cater the reception because that is more "m and K" than a formal plated dinner. I want to be comfortable and have FUN on our day, not uptight or formal (so, Holly, this means that I expect you to have a wine bottle in hand!). I think a good indication that we may be leaning toward more casual is which save-the-date cards we ended up choosing. You'll see what I mean... :)

I still have not tackled the dress yet, although I already have a bridesmaid dress in mind that caught my eye pretty quickly. For some reason, I'm nervous about actually going to look at dresses. I think I'm worried that I'm not going to find one that looks good on me, especially since I've got a few extra pounds right now. I know there are so many different styles to choose from though that I am bound to find something that works. I don't think I'm going to have a chance to go look though until next month based on our Saturday long run schedule this month and other things we have going on.

We have tastings/consultations for cakes scheduled in the upcoming weeks. They are for vendors that we've already sampled at some wedding events, so we already know that we really like them. Again, it will just be a matter of making a decision!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you've made quite a bit of progress.

I'm more than happy to help you with the color situation. We can at least get the list narrowed down!

holly said...

It either needs to white wine or a dark colored dress. Either that or I can't start drinking until after the ceremony :)

Maybe you could get me a plastic glass so I don't cut my foot.