Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's Madness!

Seriously, I really understand now why they call it "March Madness." Because it is.

Maybe it's because I didn't go to a school with any powerhouse athletic teams that it's hard for me to relate to these rabid college sports fans. However, I will soon be married to one! :) It seems like basketball has been on non-stop for several days now, and it's not over yet.

We ventured out to watch the Pitt game at Third Base last night. Let's just say that K wasn't happy with the outcome and leave it at that. The place was packed though with fans from Wisconsin, Michigan State, Kansas, and Texas A&M. And, it was LOUD. I self-soothed with an oreo milkshake and queso in order to get through it. Not the best coping mechanism when half my wardrobe doesn't fit right now...

We were obviously hoping that Pitt would win last night so that we could see them play when we go to Houston for the Regionals next weekend. Instead, we'll have to deal with a ton of fair-weather Texas fans. I just checked to see how much tickets in our section are going for now that Texas won...I found one listing for $479 each. Hmmm, that could pay for something for the wedding. Tickets anyone? :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

For someone who describes herself as not into sport, it is a bold move to describe Texas fans as "fair weather"...I'm just sayin'.

I'll be cheering for the Horns next weekend...win or lose. Hook 'em.

MW said...

I agree with Jane.
Why don't you take your K and move to Pittsburgh.
; )
...while you're at it, take all Ohio State fans with you!
; )