Saturday, March 22, 2008

Back in Austin...

I had a relatively smooth day traveling back home yesterday, although K didn't fare quite so well. I got back around 5:30pm yesterday and was greeted by a beautiful spring day in Austin (as I was still wearing my sweater from the cooler temps in DC). I had a rare Friday night to myself since K wasn't scheduled to arrive until much later. While it was nice to have some quiet time (i.e., no sports) to run a few errands and do some things around the house, I was looking forward to K getting home. Unfortunately, his plane got delayed by about an hour so he didn't get home until a little after midnight. But, he made it and we quickly fell asleep in our own bed.

With the late night for us, K and I didn't make it to our long run (RunTex to Rogue) this morning. It's not the first long run that I've missed either lately. Ugh. It's amazing how much more you can get done though when you aren't spending hours and hours running in the evenings during the week and on weekend mornings!

It's such a beautiful day today! K grilled wings outside for lunch then I made my exit to run some errands when it was time for basketball to start. We're going out to watch the Pitt game tonight. Sigh, this will be the highlight of my Saturday night.

No comments: