I had a good massage with Ann on Friday after work. She focused almost exclusively on my calves this time since my shin pain had resurfaced in my runs recently. Afterwards, K and I had dinner at home then took a disco nap so that we could stay up past 10pm for a change in order to go to a concert. We went to see Ghostland Observatory at the Austin Music Hall. I was introduced to them for the first time at ACL last year and really liked them. If I had fully comprehended that the concert was the day before a 16-mile LAB run though then I might have reconsidered buying the tickets back in January. Anyway, it was their CD release party, so we both got a (free) copy of their new CD at the show. The opening DJ was amazing! I hadn't heard good dance music like that in a long time, but I just feel like my time for all that has passed. I couldn't handle the crowds of drunken people, so we camped out by the merchandise table near the back. And, then of course I couldn't see anything since I'm so short. Nevertheless, the music was great, and we especially liked one of their last songs "The Band Marches On" when part of the UT band joined them on stage. It was great.
We didn't get to bed until shortly before 1am, so I didn't even bother to set the alarm for 5:30am because I knew we wouldn't get up to run. So, we slept in on Saturday morning, and I got to catch up on some much needed rest. We had lunch at Plucker's then ran a few errands. I worked on our wedding website a lot yesterday (and today, too), then before I knew it it was time for dinner. We went to DK's for sushi because I've been wanting to give it a try, but I wasn't super impressed so I don't think that we'll go back. We got up early this morning to go to the wedding event at Crate & Barrel that I found out about last weekend. It was an opportunity to register before the store opened, and I am glad that we did it that way. K had fun using the scanner while drinking 2 mimosa's, and we were able to pick a lot of items without too much debate. I'm sure the alcohol helped! Then, later in the afternoon, we went to a small wedding event with a few vendors down at Circle C. We got to sample some yummy cakes and food, and of course have more wine and champagne. I think booze and food is the way to make all of this tolerable for K. Thankfully, we have finalized a date...September 6, 2008 at The Allan House. But, there are still a multitude of decisions left to be made...
3 comments:
I get to pick and choose and my workouts. I decided that the lab wouldn't be fun even if I needed to do run 12. The lab is one I'd want to skip too.
Good job on managing your time. Sometimes running takes a back seat :)
I 2nd Holly. We can only have so many must-do's on the list before something has to give...as I always say running doesn't pay the bills;-)
Congrats on picking the date! That is one more thing to check off the list, and it sounds like you are being very productive!
Doing things with your fiancee is a higher priority than running sometimes. I agree with Holly and Katie about missing a run now and again.
Post a Comment