Monday, March 10, 2008

In a funk...

My motivation to do pretty much anything has really been lacking lately.

First, I have totally slacked off with my running in the past few weeks, mostly since the engagement I think. I've just felt so busy and pressured with work and the wedding plans that I haven't had much energy or time to devote to it like I should, especially with our marathon looming a little over a month away. I'm sure the fact that my shin pain resurfaced again hasn't helped matters either.

Second, I know it seems like we've done a lot already in terms of the wedding planning, but we have SO MUCH MORE to do. I feel like I should be doing more.

Third, I am feeling pretty asocial right now. I am finding myself getting irritated with everything and everyone, including friends and our families. I feel let down by others a lot lately and, at the same time, I feel selfish for feeling that way. I'm also sorting out my feelings toward my future in-law's.

I'm going to DC for work next week. At this point, it doesn't look like K will be coming with me because we can't find a good deal on a flight. As much as I hate being apart from him (remember Thanksgiving), I am hoping that the trip will do me some good in terms of getting away from things for a few days.

No comments: