Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The good...

If I had written this post an hour ago, I would have been in a much better mood. But, K just informed me that there is still college football on this Saturday (which I was not aware of), so my mood has suddenly deflated. So much for my weekend plans. And, there's a lot to do this weekend, especially with the party here next weekend for my co-workers and Christmas looming a few weeks away as well.

Re-focus on the positive, mel.

Okay, oh yes, the GOOD run that I had tonight. Yes, let's start there. Actually, let's go back to the quality workout last night - the Julia on Barton Hills. I had some shin pain during the 1-mile warmup over to Barton Springs and stopped to stretch once. For the third week in a row, something about doing drills has helped loosen things up and I didn't have any shin pain for the rest of the workout. Go figure. I wish I could isolate which one is the "magic" drill for me to do and I would happily do it before every run! Still following the beginner schedule, my workout consisted of 30-seconds hard followed by 90-seconds recovery for 1-mile UP Barton Hills then running at tempo pace back down. The run back downhill was great, and it reminded me of why I want to run St. George! I ran back to the Annex by myself, feeling good about the workout. Then, tonight I ran my regular 3.5 mile neighborhood loop and had a GREAT run in all aspects. It must have been my new shirt that I just got from One More Mile that says "In my dreams I am a Kenyan." I love it! Virtually no pain whatsoever tonight. I stopped to stretch while waiting at a stoplight and walked one hill on Monroe (mostly out of habit), but otherwise cruised the whole way at a nice clip. I think K was even a little surprised that I finished when I did. I really, really needed this. I feel hopeful (for the moment at least).

And, there's also something good that is happening with me and K right now. Talking, in specifics, about our future together.

No comments: