This paragraph has been censored by K who I think is being overly paranoid right now...
Well, today ended on a note of bad news. To be positive, the good news is that K still has a job. The bad news is that his company continues to experience the fallout from the poor economy (of which I can apparently not talk about the specifics even though this affects our lives). We are obviously thankful that he still has a job. But, this new development is still worrisome, mostly because we don't know how much more of this is to come. K continues to feel strongly about staying put there, so I guess we're going to ride it out and hope that the ride takes a turn for the better again.
After a week now of being sick, I'm frustrated to report that I'm still not back to 100%. Definitely better than I was, but still not back at full speed. Which obviously means that I haven't been able to run or work out yet either, so I am really frustrated with that. I am trying to reframe this experience as an opportunity to rest up for Jemez training which starts next weekend, but I have my moments where this just sucks - I missed a race last weekend that I had been looking forward to and I also had to change my plans in terms of upcoming races that I had been shooting for. Again, looking for positives, I had a good massage with Ann tonight. It was great to see her again and she definitely put the good hurt on me! Overall, she said my legs didn't seem too bad (I'm sure the recent lack of running partially contributed to that), although my calves are chronically tight. Yes, yes, I know.
We're really excited about our trip to Colorado this weekend (I'm hoping that my ears do okay with the flight tomorrow though because I am still pretty congested). We fly up to Denver after work tomorrow and then are staying with my friend from internship there, Pam, and her family. It will be great to see them. Then, we are driving up to Breckenridge on Saturday morning for a few days of skiing before heading home on Monday night. With lift tickets as expensive as they are, I'm not sure how many days that I will actually ski although K plans to ski for the 3 days that we're there. We have ski in ski out access from our hotel which will be nice. I love the town of Breck - it's such a great little mountain town with fun shops and restaurants. I know we'll have a great time. Now, it's time to pack and the challenge will be trying to minimize having to check luggage since there is now a fee for each checked bag. But, I think it will be inevitable though to check bags since ski clothes are so bulky and it may be hard to get it all into one carry-on. We also have to measure my ski case to see if it will be considered oversize luggage for which the checked bag fee is $75! If that's the case, then obviously it will be more cost efficient to rent skis this time and perhaps just take my boots.
1 comment:
reframe - perfect!!
have a good trip, hope you get to feeling better.
Post a Comment