We stayed in Boerne last night and got up at 5:30am to get ready and then made the final part of the drive out to Bandera. The weather was quite cold and windy, which actually made me kind of happy that I wasn't running. Once we arrived at the race start, K checked in for the race, while I checked out - "DNS" = did not start. :( This is day 3 of feeling like poo with no real improvement at all yet.
We huddled under the tent next to the 100k start area trying to stay warm until the 7:30am start. Meanwhile, we caught up with some of our friends from the Palo Duro group who were running various distances today.
Feeling like crap, I had been planning on sleeping in the car for a couple of hours while K ran, but that changed when I ran into Dawn's boyfriend who was out there to cheer her on in the 25k too. We eventually figured out how to make our way to a couple of the aid stations nearby to see K and Dawn, as well as cheer on the other 50k and 25k runners. It was great to see our friends coming through. This was definitely a role reversal for me to be the one supporting K in a race because it's generally the other way around. It was nice to be on this side of it though today.
Once K finished, I was ready to head for warmer temperatures because I had been absolutely freezing for several hours, even while wearing a t-shirt and 2 big sweatshirts! As a result, we left pretty quickly after K finished, although I would have liked to have stayed to watch the others finish had I been feeling better. We had lunch back in Boerne then headed down to San Antonio where we were fortunate to check in early to our hotel so that we could crash because we were both tired.
I really hope that I will feel better tomorrow because right now I just want to cut my head off. I guess what we end up doing tomorrow will be contingent on how I am feeling. Fingers crossed for magic. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment