"But I'd say that the most important thing a marathoner must have is the ability to suffer. If you do not accept that, you will not be a successful marathoner."
-Steve Sisson
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Married fun...
Earlier this week I read about the "Annual Spooky Trail Run" hosted by Texas Iron on Stephanie's blog. I was immediately intrigued and thought it sounded like a lot of fun. So, I "told" K that we were going then we figured out something easy that we could put together for a costume while running. We raided my play therapy materials and I settled on a fairy while K was immediately drawn to being a conqueror (it suits him quite well!). So, we joined in on the fun for a short trail run on the Greenbelt tonight which included a "headless" mountain biker, checkpoints with candy, snakes on the trail, and folks in the bushes yelling and spraying silly string. We started around 6:45pm so it was still somewhat light for the first couple of miles, but given my dislike of trail running in the dark I turned back pretty early guided by my headlamp. Overall, it was a fun time...fun for a married running couple that is.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun stuff you guys look great!
Post a Comment