Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ladies Night...

I cannot describe the relief that I felt when I left work at 5:00 today. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I truly felt it. Now, the only thing left to focus on is the wedding (and running, but mostly the wedding!).
And, the weekend events got off to a great start with a fabulous group of ladies who I am honored to call my friends. We had a lovely "low-key" dinner at Botticelli's on South Congress. The girls gave me some absolutely beautiful lingerie (I've already tried it all on...everything fits perfectly and K will truly thank you as well!).
Meanwhile, somewhere in the city, K is boozing it up with his friends and family. I do not expect him home until 3-4am (when I will be waking up just a few hours later to go run). I guarantee he consumed more alcohol than we all did collectively and that way more trouble ensued with him and the boys. I do hope that he enjoys this time with them though, as I did with the girls.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Mel-I'm so bummed I had to miss your ladies night. Work sucks right now (boo!). I can't wait for tonight!!