Friday, May 16, 2008

What's new this week?

-The display on my laptop went out at the beginning of the week. Here's an example of how my problem-solving style differs from K's style: Once K identified the problem and we considered the expense of getting it repaired vs. replaced, I ordered a new laptop later that same day. We got a good deal, and K picked it out so I'm sure it's good quality as well. It arrived yesterday and it's already up and running. Problem solved! K would still be "doing his research" at this point and the problem would not be taken care of...and, I would be irritated.

-I picked up my wedding dress from Unbridaled yesterday. I'm not going to try it on though because I know it's going to be big. We ordered a larger size based on my chest measurements, so it is definitely too big everywhere else. I'm just going to wait to try it on until I get fitted for the alterations 6 weeks before the wedding. I ordered my veil yesterday when I picked up the dress. It's so pretty, and I think it really complements my skin tone and dress. Now, I need to find some shoes.

-I had lunch at the end of last week with a colleague in private practice who presented me with a very interesting opportunity. He has a well-established practice of almost 20 years, but is really looking to slow down and retire at the end of the year. So, he inquired whether I would be interested in buying his practice. This would certainly alleviate the instability and initial set up time, which are two of my major concerns about private practice. As expected, K was definitely supportive of this possibility. We'll see what we think as we get more details about it.

-I have been the gym queen this week. I've put in a lot of time over the past few weeks in the gym doing weights, swimming, and using the elliptical. I've been very consistent and have definitely made this part of my daily routine again. I've also been more mindful of what I am eating (thanks Sadie), and I am relieved that I am seeing positive results in terms of my weight and body.

-My supervisor approved my time-off request for the wedding/honeymoon. I'm taking off on Friday the day before the wedding and then 2 weeks after for the honeymoon. That's all the time that I have. We're still trying to settle on a destination though. K hasn't been to Europe so he would really like to go there. However, I just want to relax on the beach. Greece may be a compromise.

-After another weekend of traveling last weekend, we're looking forward to a low-key weekend at home. We're headed to Buffalo, NY in three weeks for a wedding. Busy, busy, busy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, the private practice opportunity sounds fantastic!!!

Congrats on a great week!!!