Monday, May 12, 2008

On the road again...

We made a quick trip to Dallas over the weekend for Mother's Day. We left early Saturday morning in order to meet my mom for lunch. Thankfully, it was a smooth, easy drive up and we made good time (I was driving). We had been talking about going to the Rangers game in the evening, but at the last minute K changed his mind. He wanted a night out on the town instead (that's asking a lot from the girl who goes to bed at 10:30pm). We had a yummy sushi dinner at Blue Fish on Greenville Ave. with Pete. We even had a sports celebrity sighting since Dirk Nowitzki of the Mavericks was there. After dinner, we went to the bar in Hotel Palomar for drinks (well, K drank, I didn't). We managed to stay out until after 11:00pm, which was a feat for me! And, to think that I used to be getting ready to go out at that time! Times have certainly changed...

Despite the "late" night, I convinced K to get up with me "early" the next morning so that we could go run at White Rock. K had never been out there, so I wanted him to see it. So, we ran the full 9-mile loop (again, no shin pain!). Then, we met my mom for Mother's Day lunch before hitting the road back to Austin. We were both really tired when we made it back late yesterday afternoon. I caught up on some tv shows from last week, did laundry, and napped. Now, it's already Monday again and another work week ahead...I'm ready for a "real" vacation though. :)

No comments: