We got back from CA late Monday night. I've had a break from work this week, as I have been at a local conference on mental health issues in the courtroom, notably competency to stand trial and sanity. I attended the conference last year and definitely considered it to be one of the best conferences that I've been to so I was happy that I was able to go again this year. The speakers were some of the best attorneys, psychologists, and psychiatrists in the area, many of whom have handled a lot of high-profile cases, including Andrea Yates. This week certainly didn't disappoint!
After the marathon on Sunday, I took Monday and Tuesday completely off. I was still doing the post-marathon waddle until about Wednesday. I had a massage that evening and my legs definitely feel "back to normal." I swam on Wednesday and Thursday, which felt great. I signed up for a trail race on Sunday (10k at the Maze), mostly for the opportunity to do something different and to ensure that I get a few miles in this weekend. I'm definitely not a trail runner by any means, so my only goal is to get the miles in and have fun.
In terms of wedding planning, I ordered our custom invitations yesterday, so I'm eager to see how they turn out. K is still working on the catering decision after meeting with Circle C this week. Hopefully, he'll make a decision soon. And, I'm planning on ordering my dress tomorrow!
We're looking forward to a low-key weekend at home. It will be nice to get to sleep in tomorrow morning without feeling guilty about it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment