I wish the weekend had turned out differently, but it was what it was.
After K got back from his run yesterday, we went to Torchy's for lunch. It was such a beautiful Austin spring day that obviously a lot of other people had the same idea to sit outside and enjoy some good food because it was packed. We tried the queso there for the first time, and it was yummy! After lunch, we went to RunTex because I still had the gift certificate that K gave me for Christmas to use for shoes. They were having a 20th anniversary sale, so I got $20 off my shoes. I've never really complained about it before, but does anybody else think it's outrageous to pay $130 for running shoes, especially when you go through a pair every 2-3 months? If I'm paying that much for shoes, then I think they should have wings or something on them!
Afterwards, I dropped K back off at the house so he could nap while I went out to find something to wear for our engagement pictures next weekend. I was happy with my purchase, but K apparently had a different opinion of it when I showed him. Hmph. Our Saturday evening consisted of watching basketball of course. I am so done with it by now. And, there's still one more game to go. Ugh.
We didn't do much of anything today. K had to work, so I did laundry, bought groceries, and did some other things around the house that needed to get done. We went to a cake tasting by a friend of K's this afternoon, but otherwise didn't accomplish anything on our wedding to-do list. I'm not happy about that either.
I'm bracing myself for another difficult week at work. I hope it gets better soon, but realistically I don't think it will.
I just entered the lottery for St. George, but I am hoping that I won't get in again this year in order to have a guaranteed entry next year via their "Third time is the charm" program. If I do get in though, it looks like I can still defer my entry to next year if I am among the first 500 people to cancel.
No comments:
Post a Comment