Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF!

I can't believe that I haven't posted since Tuesday. I've still been in a grouchy mood since then, so I haven't had much positive to share.

I haven't tried to run since the bad run on Tuesday night. I can't take much more negative right now, so I've been avoiding running just because of the possibility that it will be another bad run. And also because I'm curious about the timing of the ART on how it affects my running. I had my 3rd session yesterday - anodyne therapy on my calves again followed by ART on both shins and calves. It hurts so good. The doc asked about my weekend plans, and my immediate response was that I would be thrilled if I could run 8-10 miles. I think that K and I will try a run tomorrow morning, with the understanding again that I may have to cut it short if I'm hurting and he has to come pick me up. When did running get this hard?

I'm so glad that it is Friday. Another workweek done. One of the things that I need to work on is being comfortable addressing issues that can potentially lead to conflict with my staff. I'm getting frustrated with myself for letting things go that need to be addressed just because I don't want to deal with it. I did address "new guy" coming in late and leaving early though, and I feel relieved now that it is done. Dress code is another issue with one of my staff that I need to deal with, and another one needs to be a team player and accept when I tell her to do something without challenging me. I'm realizing that I am doing a disservice to them (and our team) as a supervisor by not addressing these issues, so I think that is the reframe that I needed in order to be able to confront these issues with them. Gulp.

I'm looking forward to a relatively low-key weekend at home with K. It's been pretty rare this summer that we haven't had a lot going on, so we'll take advantage of it when we can! We're making a quick trip to Dallas next weekend for a concert, but then coming back on Saturday for the Silicon Labs marathon relay (provided of course that I can run).

We're going to see "3:10 to Yuma" tonight at Alamo. Movie review to follow.

No comments: