We did get up early on Saturday for our first long run with the Palo Duro group. It's a larger group than I was expecting, with folks training for either the 20k, 50k, or 50 mile distance. We did an out and back run on the Greenbelt from the Spyglass entrance. I think that I was one of the few who ran the full 9-miles that was on the schedule for the 50k-ers because I realized that the spot where the coach told us to turn around would only be 7-miles total. After the run, we had breakfast tacos at Taco Deli. Yum.
Then, we came home to get ready and pack then we were on our way! It took us a little while until we finally got on the road to head to Dallas though because we had a couple of errands here to take care of first. We stopped to have lunch in Belton and stumbled into one of Texas Monthly's Top 50 BBQ joints, Schoepf's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que. You order your food from the pit on the patio before you even enter the restaurant (similar to Cooper's in Llano). K and I were in meat heaven. With our bellies full of goodness, we finished the trek up I-35 to Dallas, but not before we got stuck in a horrible traffic jam just outside of Desoto/Lancaster. It's always something lately on that drive.
We checked into our hotel downtown and had about 30 minutes to spare before heading over to La Calle Doce in Lakewood for our shower. We had a lovely time with everyone. My cousin did a terrific job planning and organizing everything, such as including our wedding colors throughout.
Although we got up plenty early this morning, we didn't venture out to try a trail run as planned. We enjoyed a lazy Sunday morning at the hotel before packing up and meeting my mom for an early lunch at La Madeline at The Galleria. K got to ice skate for a couple of hours while my mom and I did a little shopping. Since I didn't run this morning, I wanted to make sure we got back early enough that I could get my run in tonight. Who knew that it would still be 100 degrees at 6pm? Hello, August in Texas. I still got my 6-mile run in, so I feel good about that.
It's another busy, busy week ahead. I think they are all going to be like this for the next couple of months. One day at a time...
1 comment:
looks like fun at your shower!!
P.S. cheers to being old ;-)
Post a Comment