Saturday, December 8, 2007

A night out...

While K and I stay pretty busy and do a lot of different things, we don't really go "out" a lot anymore. Out meaning going to a club or bar, drinking, and staying out way past my 10:30 bedtime. I'm old. I did all that many years ago and don't really have a big interest in doing it at this point in my life. I'd rather spend my time (and money) doing other things.

So, last night was a rare outing for us. On Thursday morning as I was driving my whopping 1-mile commute to work, I heard on the radio that one of my favorite artists who I have followed for years, Ben Lee, was playing at The Parish on Friday night. As soon as I got to work, I called K to tell him that we were going and got tickets.

We both had not so good days at work yesterday, so it was perfect timing for a night out. As I was getting ready, I even commented to K that it had been a long time since I got dressed up to go out with him. We had a yummy early dinner at Romeo's then actually came back home to relax for a little while before heading over to 6th Street. I'm old, remember. We got to The Parish shortly before 10 to find the 2nd opening band still playing. Good, easy to listen to music. Ben came on right on time at 10:45 and played an entertaining show as always.
Overall, it was a great Friday night with my K.

No big surprise that we didn't get up to run this morning. It's an easy 7-mile run though, so I will get it in on my own this weekend. Today will be busy though getting ready for my work Christmas party tonight. I still can't believe I offered to host it!

No comments: