Saturday, October 25, 2014

MCM Training Week 25

Saturday, October 18: 9 miles (road)

Angela and I started our last long run before the race next weekend at 6am. 6am! While it was nice not to have pasta for dinner last night and have to go to bed on the early side, I have to admit that the departure from our norm of the past few months just had me feeling "off." The run itself was fairly unremarkable other than the fact that it didn't take too long and it was still ridiculously humid at this point in October. Since the training schedule indicated that we were supposed to run 90-100 minutes, I had assumed that we'd run 10 miles. Angela had other ideas though, and what difference is a mile more or less going to make at this point anyway? So, 9 it was in my race-day shoes.


Sunday, October 19: OFF

Monday, October 20: 5 miles (treadmill)

Tuesday, October 21: OFF

Wednesday, October 22: 5 miles (road)

I had my pre-race massage this afternoon. I asked Ann to focus on my left hip and the usual right calf/soleus. Nothing out of the ordinary, but those areas needed some attention before the race.

Our last workout with the Sole Survivors before our race! Finally, it's our turn!
We ran a 2.25 mile warm-up over to LAB then did a 1-mile out-and-back section of that road at MGP. Other folks were running 10k pace, and I think we did a good job of sticking to our pace and not getting caught up with others running a faster pace around us. Now, let's see if we can do that on race day!

Thursday, October 23: 3 miles (treadmill)

With this run, that's all she wrote for this fall marathon training season! 

Friday: October 24: OFF

DC, here we come!

Week 25 Total: 22 miles

No comments: