"But I'd say that the most important thing a marathoner must have is the ability to suffer. If you do not accept that, you will not be a successful marathoner."
-Steve Sisson
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Great weekend Colorado style!
Well, we wrapped up our Colorado weekend with a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park this morning. We got a relatively early start because we were planning on a hike/trail run of several hours. However, that didn't exactly happen. As we were driving through the park looking for where we were planning to start our adventure, I saw a sign for riding stables. Hmm, that sounded interesting. We got a little lost from where we were planning to go, and as K was turning around to start heading back there I suggested checking out the place for the horseback riding. He didn't seem too keen on it initially, but he humored me. We got there shortly before the next ride was going to set out, so we joined in on the fun. Now, K and I aren't exactly riders, so this was a new experience for us. Fortunately, the horses were generally so well-behaved that we didn't really have to do much, although I did have a few issues with mine. Cruella, as she was called, liked to stop and eat whenever possible and I was instructed not to let her do that so I had to continually pull her head up (which was even tied back somewhat so that she couldn't eat). She ran me through a few tree branches and scared me when she stumbled slightly and went down. But, otherwise, it was a nice way to view some of the Park for a couple of hours. The weather was fantastic again, so we lucked out. There's so much to see and do there, so I'm looking forward to going back when we have a little more time.

We had brunch at Mary's Lake Lodge, which was recommended to us as a place that the locals go. It was delicious! Afterwards, we headed back to our hotel to check-out then went into downtown Estes Park to pick up our pictures from our rafting trip yesterday. Here's a couple of them:

So, now we're at the airport getting ready to head home. No sooner will we get back and unpack than it will be time to pack again as we are heading out to San Francisco on Thursday afternoon. I heart Colorado. And, I definitely heart SF. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
can i just hide in your luggage for a bit? seriously, you guys have awesome trips!
loved the impromptu horseback ride!
Post a Comment